As summer drew to a close, we at Acquisition Aesthetics eagerly anticipated the return of the annual Aesthetic & Anti-Ageing Medicine World Congress (AMWC). A fantastic event for accomplished and aspiring practitioners in aesthetic medicine alike, this year’s AMWC took place in Monaco from the 16th to 18th of September. Following the success of last year’s virtual edition, 2021 operated on a hybrid format – meaning that anyone who was unable to attend in person could still benefit from highly interactive and informative virtual programmes available throughout the three days.
The past year has been an incredibly testing time for the industry. Events like these bring professionals within the field together and provide the opportunity to network, connect, and learn from others in the aesthetics business. Read on to find out more about the 19th annual AMWC.
What is the AMWC?
The AMWC is the world’s leading conference on Aesthetics and Anti-Ageing Medicine. Attracting over 12,000 participants from 120 countries, it is a 3-day event designed to create a community within the industry that encourages discussion, learning, exchange of ideas and unique networking opportunities. The aesthetics event is conducted under the expert scientific supervision of the Aesthetic Multispecialty Society (AMS), a society of recognised global experts in the field.
How does AMWC benefit industry professionals?
There are a multitude of benefits for professionals to gain from attending this prestigious event, all of which will immensely support a career in aesthetic medicine. Some of these perks include:
- Advanced academic sessions conducted by world-class key opinion leaders and speakers.
- Over 300 leading international companies showcasing their products and workshops on the 5-floor exhibition area.
- The opportunity to create connections and collaborations with some of the best medical professionals in the industry.
- A yearly continuing medical education certification.
- 300+ presentations in 55 scientific sessions.
- Up to 21 Continuing Medical Education Credits.
Also, those who were not able to attend in person could enjoy the numerous benefits of the technologically advanced digital platform:
- Live streaming sessions – accessible from anywhere in the world.
- Virtual networking opportunities, thanks to algorithm-driven ‘matchmaking.’
- A virtual exhibition, allowing attendees to experience the showcasing of innovative products from globally leading companies.
- An event schedule which could be easily organised alongside daily working life with minimal interference.
To find out more about this exciting event, click here. If you are passionate about aesthetic medicine, we highly encourage you to attend next year!
If you’re a medical professional interested in furthering your training in the field of aesthetics, you may also be curious to find out more about our award-winning training programmes that take place throughout the UK. Click here to find out more about the current aesthetic medicine courses and dates available.