The Level 7 aesthetics course is a post-graduate qualification that was devised in order to standardise the quality and content of the training available to practitioners of non-surgical aesthetics procedures.
The diploma offered by Acquisition Aesthetics is provided through awarding body OTHM and allows practitioners to meet Health Education England’s (HEE) Qualification Requirements for Delivery of Cosmetic Procedures. Training is open to qualified doctors, dentists, nurses, and pharmacists who hold a valid registration with the GMC/GDC/NMC/GPhC.
Tighter general regulations on non-surgical interventions were implemented after a report by Health Education England (HEE) outlined the required levels of competence for all treatments in the industry. The Keogh review (2013) highlighted a number of significant issues in relation to the practice of aesthetic medicine that were considered to pose a public health risk. One of the factors addressed was the lack of regulation and quality control in the training of aesthetic medicine.
A regulatory framework was created collaboratively between the British College of Aesthetic Medicine (BCAM), the British Association of Cosmetic Nurses (BACN), the British Association of Dermatologists (BAD), the British Association of Aesthetic Surgeons (BAAPS) and the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons (BAPRAS). The two independent bodies enforcing this framework are the Joint Council for Cosmetic Practitioners (JCCP) and the Cosmetic Practitioners’ Standards Authority (CPSA) which work to guide and govern practitioners working in this sector. Alongside the government, these groups help to enforce more stringent regulations within the sector, limiting those who are able to satisfy the necessary standards for practice to those who are suitably qualified, and thereby increasing the safety of patients.
Whilst Level 7 aesthetics training is not currently mandatory for aesthetic practitioners – in the future these regulations will become even more robust. It’s likely to become a requirement that all practitioners have attained a sufficient level of training. The JCCP hold an official central register of suitably qualified practitioners so, currently, the standard is set at the Level 7 Diploma. By undertaking this qualification you are ‘future-proofing’ your training and practice and ensuring you will be ahead of the curve when it comes to meeting the developing safe practice regulations of the industry.
Undertaking Level 7 aesthetics training will provide delegates with a postgraduate level of understanding of a number of key areas within non-surgical aesthetics, such as the anatomy and function of the skin and dermatological indications and contraindications. You will also learn how to competently undertake an effective consultation with your patients, and gain a deeper understanding and competence around injection techniques and complication management when working with toxin and dermal fillers.
There is some flexibility in how the various components of the diploma can be completed. As the programme was developed to be undertaken by existing medical professionals, it is designed to fit around a busy lifestyle and full-time working schedule. As a Level 7 delegate, you will be appointed an expert aesthetics mentor to personally support you through the qualification.
Level 7 aesthetic qualifications vary in terms of the qualification hours and credits required to achieve the qualification, for example an Award is usually 12 credits or more, a Certificate 13 to 36 credits and a Diploma is 37 or more credits. A Diploma represents a higher competency level and therefore requires more hours of study. Our Level 7 Diploma is worth 60 credits at Level 7 – as such you will receive a postgraduate diploma in facial aesthetics – PGDip. As such, you also have opportunity to ‘top-up’ your Diploma to a full Master’s degree with participating universities.
For this reason, any healthcare professional with a vested interest in pursuing aesthetic medicine should consider the Level 7 qualification as the benchmark of certification they must obtain in order to protect their practice.
Level 7 aesthetics course summary
- Flexible learning, comprising both online and offline components to fit seamlessly around your work and family commitments.
- 150 Hours of online E-Learning; specifically tailored to Health Education England’s requirements and compiled, validated, and accredited by a surgical faculty.
- Full CPD points.
- Supervision from aesthetic surgeons in practical sessions to achieve all required portfolio procedures in toxin and dermal fillers.
- Small practical training group size to maximise guided exposure to injecting with a close degree of supervision – maximum candidate:trainer ratio is 4:1.
- Experienced aesthetic practitioner assigned as your dedicated Level 7 Mentor. Personalised 1:1 advice and support throughout your Diploma and beyond.
- Access to exclusive graduate groups and forums. 24/7 support, real life case-based discussions, and the opportunity to crowdsource guidance from both your peers and the AA faculty.
- Learning development plan provided, including scheduled review sessions with personal mentor and the wider academic team.
- No final formal examination – all assessments undertaken through coursework, directly observed procedural skills (DOPs), critical literature review, and short essays.
- Templates, pro-forma’s, and protocols provided for both the development of the Level 7 portfolio and for ongoing clinical practice of aesthetic medicine.
- Galderma appointed training provider.
If you’re interested in undertaking a Level 7 aesthetics course with Acquisition Aesthetics, you can view more information here. We provide a number of Level 7 Diploma training programmes including our Enhanced Package, which comprises additional access to our Tear Trough Masterclass, Lip Augmentation Masterclass, and Complications Masterclass alongside the full Level 7 provision.
If you have any queries, please email email@example.com or call 020 3966 5745 to have a conversation with our Level 7 Coordinator.