The aesthetics industry is worth billions in the UK and consistently growing. Cosmetic trends are constantly changing, with influences from celebrities and social media having a tremendous impact on the demand for aesthetics and cosmetic surgery.
It’s no surprise, then, that cosmeceutical companies are constantly emerging with new and improved injectables year after year, offering a plethora of options to aestheticians throughout the country,
In this post, we’ll outline some of the best new fillers and needle-based treatments of 2021 to consider for your clinic to ensure that you get the best possible results for your aesthetic patients every time and always stay on top of the latest cosmetic trends.
This hyaluronic acid-based lip filler has been on the international market for a while and is making big waves for its ability to add plumpness and volume to a pout. The results of this filler last for up to a year, and it is designed explicitly with XpresHAn Technology’s cross-linking gel to provide naturally beautiful results. Some of the benefits of this innovative lip filler include:
- A lower amount of filler (1.82ml) is required to improve lip fullness compared to the competition (2.24ml)
- Enhances colour, texture and volume of the lips
- The innovative technology allows for precise, targeted results and flexible movement
- Almost all adverse effects reported by patients have been mild
Restylane® Kysse is an incredibly effective filler for patients looking for subtle, natural results. According to their website, 96% of subjects agreed that their lips looked natural after treatment. Since lip augmentation is becoming increasingly popular for clients looking for an understated enhancement, this is an excellent injectable to add to your clinic for outstanding results.
Although this filler was released in 2019, it has been named as Allergan’s most innovative injectable to date and has played a massive part in modern cosmetic trends. The newest in Juvederm’s line of hyaluronic acid fillers, Volux was designed to sculpt, design and lift for up to 24 months. Juvederm created the revolutionary gel to help aestheticians create the perfect balance in their procedures and offer precise results without compromising on quality. Volux creates a firm consistency when it sets, so it is typically used on the lower face, specifically the jawline and chin.
Some of the benefits experienced by clients injected with Juvederm Volux include:
- A contoured chin and/or jawline
- Visible lift and enhanced shape in the lower face
- A more defined, sculpted jawline
Because of the firmness of the filler when it sets, Volux takes longer to break down, meaning that the results can be enjoyed for up to 2 years.
Luminera dermal fillers
Allergan acquired the aesthetics section of this Israeli-based company in October 2020. The research and development organisation operates under the highest regulatory standards and provides quality injectable products that are straightforward for practitioners to work with and create excellent results every time.
Some of the most talked-about products in the Luminera range include:
- Crystalys® – This calcium hydroxyapatite-based injectable dermal filler is specifically formulated to restore volume and rejuvenate the face. One of the most significant benefits of this filler is that clinical results have been evident for up to 2 years after treatment. Of course, this is dependent on external factors such as the patient’s age, skin type and the amount of filler injected.
- Hydryalix® Lips Lidocaine – A hyaluronic acid gel designed for contouring plumping the lips. The filler benefits from being smooth and easy to inject, and the gel is latex-free and biodegradable.
- Hydryal® – This clear injectable gel is formulated to enhance hydration and restore vitality to the skin. It has been known to reduce wrinkles, soften facial creases and help retain moisture in the skin.
Teosyal RHA 1®
Teosyal RHA 1® is an innovative favourite from the Swiss cosmeceutical company Teoxane, which designs and manufactures a range of hyaluronic acid-based dermal fillers. It is one of the leading players in aesthetics medicine. This injectable gel is renowned for targeting one of the most popular cosmetic trends of the moment — reducing the appearance of deep undereye circles and delicate fine lines around the eye area. This filler is perfect for patients seeking subtle results in delicate areas of the face and neck.
Clients injected with Teosyal RHA 1® can enjoy a variety of benefits from this injectable, such as:
- Corrects areas of the skin that are marked by signs of ageing
- Even fills fine lines, wrinkles and skin cracks
- Corrects and fills lines and skin folds under the delicate eye area.
- Improves skin hydration and elasticity in the face and neck
Injectables to look out for in coming months
With cosmetic and beauty trends constantly shifting, companies are keen to continue providing revolutionary products in a growing industry. Developing, phasing and submitting aesthetic injectables for approval is a lengthy process, and there are often roadblocks that companies experience throughout the process. However, these are some of the most exciting new products which are currently still in the development or clinical trials stage but, if approved, are expected to be popular in 2022:
- BoNTE – a toxin being investigated for the treatment of glabellar lines, currently in phase 2 of the process
- BOTOX – For platysma prominence, currently in phase 3
- BOTOX – For masseter prominence, also in phase 3
Although it’s unclear whether these new injectables will successfully complete the process and obtain approval from the FDA, it’s definitely worth keeping an eye out for any news on their development in the coming months.
At Acquisition Aesthetics, we provide gold-standard aesthetics training for medical professionals including doctors, dentists and nurses. If you are a current or aspiring aesthetician interested in furthering your training in aesthetic medicine, we’d love to hear from you. To find out more about the training courses currently available, call us on 0203 514 8757 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.