The Level 7 Certificate in Injectables for Aesthetic Medicine is a qualification that was devised in order to standardise the quality and content of the training available to practitioners of non-surgical aesthetics procedures.
This certificate is provided through awarding body Industry Qualifications and allows practitioners to meet Health Education England’s (HEE) 2016 Qualification Requirements for Delivery of Cosmetic Procedures. Training is open to qualified doctors, dentists, nurses, and pharmacists who are registered with the GMC/GDC/NMC/GPhC.
Tighter general regulations on non-surgical interventions were implemented after a report by Health Education England (HEE) outlined the required levels of competence for all treatments in the industry. A regulatory framework was created collaboratively between The British College of Aesthetic Medicine (BCAM), the British Association of Cosmetic Nurses (BACN), the British Association of Dermatologists (BAD), the British Association of Aesthetic Surgeons (BAAPS) and the British Association of Plastic, Reconstructive and Aesthetic Surgeons(BAPRAS), which is enforced and overseen by two independent bodies, the Joint Council for Cosmetic Practitioners (JCCP) and the Cosmetic Practitioners’ Standards Authority (CPSA.)
This means that there are more stringent general regulations in place, limiting those who are able to satisfy the necessary standards for practice to those who are suitably qualified, and thereby increasing the safety of patients.
In the future, these regulations will become even more robust. It’s likely to become a requirement that all practitioners have attained a sufficient level of training. The JCCP hold an official central register of suitably qualified practitioners so, currently, the standard is set at the Level 7 Certificate in Injectables for Aesthetic Medicine. By undertaking this qualification you are ‘future-proofing’ your training and practice and ensuring you will be ahead of the curve when it comes to meeting the developing safe practice regulations of the industry.
The Level 7 qualification will provide delegates with a postgraduate level of understanding of a number of key areas within non-surgical aesthetics, such as the anatomy and function of the skin and dermatological indications and contraindications. You will also learn how to competently undertake an effective consultation with your patients, and gain a deeper understanding and competence around injection techniques and complication management when working with toxin and dermal fillers.
Level 7 Structure
With Acquisition Aesthetics, the Level 7 Certificate comprises 4 stages, and can take up to 2 years to complete, depending on the availability and commitments of individual delegates. There is some flexibility in how stages 1 – 3 of the certificate can be completed and, as the certificate was developed to be undertaken by existing medical professionals, the programme of study is designed to fit around a busy life and clinical schedule. As a Level 7 delegate, you will be appointed an expert aesthetics mentor to personally support you through the qualification.
Stage 1 – E-Learning modules
- Candidates are given access to online E-learning modules designed to give all Level 7 Certificate delegates a comprehensive background into Aesthetic Medicine.
- Modules have been developed by Acquisition Aesthetics with blended input from plastic surgeons, maxillofacial surgeons, dermatologists, and dental surgeons – fully satisfying the criteria stipulated by the new Health Education England Government Guidelines.
- In addition to the online E-learning modules, candidates will be supplied with extra learning material and literature to aid with answering the externally set coursework, comprising 34 short answer questions (SAQs).
- These SAQs will be marked internally and moderated by Industry Qualifications with the candidate’s portfolio (supplied by Acquisition Aesthetics).
Stage 2 – Foundation Course in Toxin and Dermal Fillers
- This one-day, hands-on Foundation course consists of an overview of the 8 e-modules covered in Stage One of the Level 7 Certificate, as well as information on how to set up a successful business.
- The course includes practical exposure in small, focused training groups on real-life models, with the common procedures in toxin and dermal fillers covered.
- Delegates receive access to online resources with learning materials and training videos.
- Upon course completion, graduates can start practicing injectable procedures independently (after acquiring insurance).
Stage 3 – Mentoring Sessions
- This stage of the Level 7 Certificate is designed to meet the Health Education England guidelines for practical experience.
- Level 7 students must observe and perform a total of 40 botulinum toxin and dermal fillers procedures (20 observed, 20 performed under supervision.)
- Our mentoring sessions allow delegates to undertake consultations and treat live patients under guidance from their mentor.
- On an Acquisition Aesthetics mentoring session, a delegate can expect to be led through an aesthetic consultation and the consenting process, and observe or perform treatments under supervision.
- Delegates will achieve a combination of up to 10 observed/supervised performed treatments per session in small, focused mentoring groups with expert feedback.
Stage 4 – Final OSCE Examination
- The final assessment comprises 34 short answer questions (externally set) and the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE).
- Upon passing the assessment, which will ensure your competency and safety for botulinum toxin and dermal filler injectable treatments, you will be issued with a Level 7 Certificate, regulated by Industry Qualifications.
- If you do not pass the assessment, Acquisition Aesthetics allows candidates the opportunity to re-take the specific failed component(s) of the assessment again, without incurring additional charges.
If you’re interested in undertaking the Level 7 Certificate in Injectables for Aesthetic Medicine with us, you can view more information here. We provide a number of Level 7 Certificate training packages including our Enhanced Package, which comprises additional access to our Advanced Course in Toxin and Dermal Fillers and our Lip Augmentation Masterclass alongside the full Level 7 provision.
If you have any queries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3514 8757 to have a conversation with our Level 7 Coordinator.